Friday, November 21, 2008

The Mentalist . . .

Today while stepping into Duane Reade to get shampoo there was a large advertisement for CBS' new series "The Mentalist." And the show is as bad as the title suggests, "A mentalist turned private investigator uses his skills to help the police." What the hell is a mentalist? Couldn't they just say mind reader, fortune teller or psychic? It really grinds my gears how bad TV has got, especially all these cop shows. Now I will admit my love for Law & Order and god forbid I should miss an episode of SVU. But the Mentalist? It is as bad a"Shark" (starring the one and only James Woods) and "CSI Miami" - even though the later tends to have lots of hot people. So as I walked through Duane Reade I thought to myself that I should come up with a TV show by just adding "-ist" to the end of items I saw in the store . . . . here is a short list:

"The Tamponist" A one time gang leader tampon turns its life over to help police fight street crime in South Central L.A..

"The Shampoosit" A one time crystal meth transgender shampooist turned private investigator uses his/her fierce sense of style to help lesbians battle crime.

"The Doucheist" Once down and out living on the streets of the bronx douche soap has now cleaned up its act to train inner city youth how to play the violin (Meryl Streep will co-star),

If you have any suggestions, please feel free to share!

No comments: